Since I bought my Solidoodle 3D printer, I have been playing around by tweaking and modifying it.Now I replaced it for a newer Prusa i3 Mk3.
RasPyCNCControllerThe latest machine that I bought is a Shapeoko 3 CNC milling machine.
I prepared a small application in Python that allows to control the machine with a Raspberry Pi, an LCD touchscreen and a joypad.
On the right, you can see the setup
The image contains:
- Raspbian Linux distribution with LXDE (username: pi/password: raspberry)
- Drivers for the LCD touchscreen
- usbmount for the automatic mounting of usb devices (used for GCode loading)
- A clone of the RasPyCNCController Github repository (a git pull updates the distribution)
- Automatic start of the control program